Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What's it all about, Alfie?

That title just came to my head. And sometimes I do wonder what life is all about. A lot of good my wondering does me most daze.

I heard someone say the News is about how bad things are, not how good they could be. And most creatives look at how good/fun/off beat things could be. Unless they are doing it just for the money. Then they have to squeeze their talents into what is currently getting funded, awarded or green lit. And usually the decision makers to fund the network/studio stuff are really so far behind what the market is hungry for and needs.
Ho hum. Sad. Boring. Usual suspects, and nothing much creative on TV , in my mind.

I mean, really, how many more body parts of female victims do I need to see on TV or in movies? I would rather see shows with fully assembled female body parts with character, accomplishing fun and amazing things, as real women, and men, are doing. All the time. Every day. And I know. Because I work, play and befriend those types of people.
What fun is a victim? And a dead victim? No fun at all.

Most people I know don't watch TV anymore. They are too busy creating and doing wonderful, positive projects. And proper thing. Watching negative programming is draining. One drags oneself away from the couch feeling far from rejuvenated, and with a head full of yucky imagery. I know that too. Been there, done that.
And sometimes I fall for it still and watch a bit of TV. One reason I watch is to see if anyone in charge is making good use of their power in programming to present us with some new, fresh options. It makes me weep when I calculate how much a reality show costs, and how many great indie film productions could be made for that same budget. Plus the viewer would be delighted, informed and uplifted in many cases, not overrun by dead bodies. I mean how many dead bodies do you see in the run of your non-TV day? I thought so. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment